Monday, September 16, 2013

Slowly Moving Along...

On Friday our granite was finally installed!! Yay! It's funny, we thought this kitchen project was going to be really quick and easy and of course that's never how things turn out with home updates!

Here are some (bad) iPhone pictures to show the progress:

Now that the granite is in, we're having issues with the stove. Our stove is ANCIENT, but we really wanted to keep it for now. Honestly, it still works great, and I like how it looks better than the cheapy ones now that they sell at Lowe's and Home Depot. Of course the ones both Matt and I like are $1,000+. We're really hoping to make the one we have now work, but I will need to have my handyman come out and see if we can. Since the counters are thicker, it needs to be heightened... so we'll see.

And, as you can see, next up is the backsplash project! I'll definitely be sharing my DIY adventures with you about that. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it though... ah!

So that's the latest with the kitchen, it's definitely a very slow moving (and frustrating) project! I can't wait until it's finished :)

8 comments:

  1. It's looking great! I painted all my cabinets and that took a month alone! good luck with the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. And, I like that you are showing the real day-to-day progress. Life is not instant before and afters...even though that could be nice at times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Can't wait for more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! This is very exciting and I hope to join you one day in the kitchen remodel! It looks so fresh and beautiful.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your ecstatic about your new kitchen counters!! Looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the granite and floor!!! What a difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stove might have feet that screw up and down for height adjustment...if that's the issue you are having with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, what's the flooring color, brand, and the grout color please?

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...