Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Protein Packed Peanut Butter Popcorn

Eating healthy and clean has become a big part of our (my husband and I) lives, and I know there are many of you out there who follow the same lifestyle. And because of this, I've decided to start sharing with you some of our favorite meals and snacks.

Since the beginning of the year, I've been eating mostly gluten free but recently decided to go all the way GF and stick with it. One big staple in my GF diet is popcorn.. I love it! I've also started going to evening workouts that are 5:30 and 6:30, so I have had the need for a protein filled snack in the afternoon. So this is how I came up with my peanut butter popcorn!

You can very easily make your own popcorn at home, but this popcorn is my go to. It's perfectly seasoned and easy :) One serving is 4 cups, but for this snack I just used 2 cups since I added other elements. Here is my rough "recipe":

Protein Packed Peanut Butter Popcorn
2 cups of popcorn
1 tbsp of peanut butter (I used creamy organic, no sugar added)
Drizzle of Honey
Small handful of trail mix

Heat up the 1 tbsp of peanut butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.. you want it to be good and melty. Stir in a drizzle of honey into the melted peanut butter, and then pour over the popcorn. Mix with your hands (it's okay to get messy!) Then sprinkle in a small handful of trail mix. 

EASY! And so good. It will definitely help fuel an early evening cardio session :)

1 comment:

  1. It was lovely to find our blog! I will deffo come back to have a better look.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...