Monday, April 15, 2013

Joy & Revelry Style Summit

Good Monday Morning! I'm excited to share with you a recap about what I was up to last week while away :)

If you have missed the news, I have recently partnered with an amazing new e-commerce site called Joy & Revelry. In short, it's not another flash sale, but it's a site that houses curated shops from select interior designers and bloggers! And I am so honored and excited to be a part of the founding team!

The other designers/bloggers, also called "style mavens", that joined me in SF for the Summit are Courtney from Courtney Out Loud, Reichel from Copy Cat Chic, Paloma from La Dolce Vita and Chelsea from Yours Truly and Rue Mag! Once we officially launch, I'll share the shops of these talented people with you!

Okay, now for the fun part.. the pictures!! ;)

The Mavens! (taken from Chelsea)
Here is the view from the rooftop deck where we stayed. Can you believe the views?!

Golden Gate Bridge from the house rental
Alcatraz from the house rental
On a side note, I was embarrassed at how little I knew about the city of San Francisco. It was really great to be shown the city by locals (the Joy & Revelry team is located in the city).

The Style Summit was held from Thursday-Sunday and it was jam packed full of inspiring collaboration, brainstorming, beautiful scenery and amazing food ;)

This image below makes me laugh! It was taken via Reichel on the first night. We had dinner at the house made for us by a chef, it was amazing! As you can see, we are all addicted to social media :)


The majority of the trip was spent gathering images and video for the site launch.

Courtney at the site of the photoshoots.. I loved getting to know him better, he is hilarious!
Photoshoot Location via Reichel
Some sneak peeks of my style shots...



There couldn't have been a better team than the group at Joy & Revelry.. including the stylist, photographer, videographer and crew that helped with the shoot. We all worked together so well, and had such a fun time, too. Everyone involved really loves what they do and I think that's why the two day shoot went by so seamlessly. I cannot wait to see the end result (which as I mentioned, will all be up on the Joy & Revelry site).

 
Working together as a team.. our photographer was awesome!

I realize this looks random ;) This shot was taken by Nissa, our stylist, while I was doing a product review video in the homeowner's closet! We liked the wood tones of his built ins behind me. On a side note, the homeowner rents his home out on a regular basis to Pottery Barn and William Sonoma for their catalog shoots! Very cool!

The entire experience was amazing, and as I've mentioned a thousand times, I am so excited and blessed and honored to be a part of this venture and also to be doing it with such talented people. I will be sharing more with you soon, but we are slated to launch on April 30th! I really feel strongly that this site is going to be something refreshing and wonderful in the world of a million flash sites and home decor e-commerce sites... I can't wait to share it with you!!

You can read other Style Maven recaps here:


After San Francisco, I stopped in Denver for a couple days of rest, relaxation and quality time with my roomie from college. I'll share that portion of the trip with you in another post :)

3 comments:

  1. How exciting and huge congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple Things Furniture Co.April 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM

    Congrats on your new venture! Looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited for you Bryn.....congrats!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...