Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Find

Here's a little "thinking outside the box" idea for you guys on this Friday!

I was looking for an inexpensive LONG console to fit behind a sofa for a client. Similar to this idea:


So I decided to use this piece from IKEA:

BESTA  

It's actually a DESK not a console! But it was perfect for the space. It went between a wall and the sofa, so you can't tell it's a desk at all. I LOVE the high gloss lacquer on it (note - it's actually a high gloss paint finish, not the fake "high gloss" laminate that they have started putting on their LACK pieces.. which is why it's more "expensive" for an IKEA piece).

I decided to go for this desk because of the openness of the legs and the better quality finish/construction.

BUT, good to know, IKEA actually does sell a really long MALM console table which is also great:

MALM

3 comments:

  1. cara @ Lilac and GreyDecember 7, 2012 at 9:03 AM

    love that little lucite table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Ikea score to the rescue! I just added a festive pop of color to my Ikea Hemnes entertainment center and I love that the piece is real wood so it allows me to "hack" it without damaging it.


    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you look too good in those white pants NOT to wear them.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...