Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Before & After & Valentine's Day

Last year when I had a booth at Slate I sold this vintage chinoiserie-style cabinet. It had a very ugly formica top.

The buyer just sent me pictures of her "after" and it looks great! I love seeing old pieces given new life :)
cabinet

She had the piece re-stained with an ebony finish. She added some gold paint along the trim and then topped it with an antiqued mirror to cover the formica. I love it! (I also love that lamp she put on it.. I asked where she got it, and sure enough... Slate!)

I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day! We don't ever do much or spend much, but we have a little tradition of having breakfast for dinner. A little "sweet" way (literally) to end the day.. it started way back in college, and I love it.

photo

Mmmm... Mimosas and French Toast :)

Even though we don't do gifts, my husband surprised me with Season 2 of Downton Abbey. We are currently obsessed with this show!

7 comments:

  1. Anna (a newfound treasure)February 15, 2012 at 9:34 AM

    It looks amazing. What a transformation!! (That mimosa look great too!) :-)
    XO
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke @ Blueprint BlissFebruary 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM

    Love breakfast for dinner!

    A friend was just telling me about Downtown Abbey... might have to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also obsessed with Downton. Love it! Your french toast is making me hungry....I think that I'll have breakfast for lunch! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your french toast is killing me right now.  So hungry.  I'm really going to have to check out this Downtown Abbey.  Everyone seems to be talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast for dinner is such a great tradition! I love any excuse to eat breakfast. Props to your husband for the Downton Abbey gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites! I really need to jump on the Downtown Abbey train because everyone says its so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great before and after.  The lamp is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...