Sunday, April 4, 2010

Celebration

Happy Easter! I hope you are having/had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter was pretty low key - we went to Carowinds, thanks to a gift of season passes from Matt's former boss in California.

I'm not a roller coaster person. For my entire life I was always the one who sat it out while others had their thrills. But I've grown so much in this past year, I was thinking of celebrating by facing my fears. But who knows.. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway I didn't start this post to write about roller coasters.. I wanted to update you about the house! You may have seen on my twitter, but ANOTHER offer came in. So we submitted our final and best, and our offer was accepted! [It was accepted verbally but we're waiting on the signed papers. But it was Easter weekend so I'm not stressing too much.]

You won't be surprised to hear I've been obsessively thinking about how I want to decorate the house. However, the decorating will be a slow process due to funds and of course my clients taking priority... I hope I don't disappoint you!

We told our family that we are claiming Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, and I've been dreaming about what type of dining room table I want. I've NEVER hosted a holiday before so I'm excited to think about decorating the dining room. Through a random eBay search, I found my dream dining room table and chairs at the tune of $3,500. Yeah.. not going to happen. But I had to share how PERFECT it is with you!



This is the best part. It EXTENDS. A glass and chrome table that extends. Cue heavenly music.




Cheers to life's celebrations and gathering around awesome dining tables like above ;)

23 comments:

  1. wow. that table is amazing! happy easter to you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the house! that's so exciting.

    oh, and that table.... PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!!!
    hope everything goes well during inspection--this is such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! Can't wait to follow the decorating process on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table is so cool!

    must say, I'm not a great fan of the chairs, they look a bit... conference room-y to me. However, I've seen you take a great many things I would never consider and style them into something wonderful, so maybe my mind could be swayed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!!! I am so happy for you and Matt! I know how stressful and exhilerating waiting negotiating on a house is, and that sigh of relief once you have it is really gratifying. I know you will do an amazing job (as always) with the decor~

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Its such an exciting time. I bought my place a year ago on 1 April and it still puts a smile on my face. The smile will be much bigger once I finally get rid of the sunshine yellow kitchen walls with red trim. I kid you not :-).
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fabulous news!

    And that would be 'cue'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations - that is such an exciting step in life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the house! that is WAY exciting :)

    i like the table, but those chairs look very dated for $3K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! I can't wait to hear all about it. And that table is FAB-U-LOUS (said in a sing-songy delighted voice).

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats!!! what an exciting time...can't wait to see all ur incredible ideas come to life.

    ps...just a little thought/some advice, even though glass tables are beautiful, if u plan on having children one day, they're not such great ideas...:)...i'm saying this in the most sweetest kind of way

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the house! Such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the house! Such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats!!! what an exciting time...can't wait to see all ur incredible ideas come to life.

    ps...just a little thought/some advice, even though glass tables are beautiful, if u plan on having children one day, they're not such great ideas...:)...i'm saying this in the most sweetest kind of way

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay!! I can't wait to hear all about it. And that table is FAB-U-LOUS (said in a sing-songy delighted voice).

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's fabulous news!

    And that would be 'cue'

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations!!!
    hope everything goes well during inspection--this is such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats on the house! that's so exciting.

    oh, and that table.... PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...