Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thinking Outside (or inside) The Box

One thing I'll miss dearly about living close to my in-laws is going to Home Goods with my MIL and spending hours there. We would always laugh because every single time we go there we always both end up having to use their restrooms - maybe it's because we spend so much time there?

Anyway, we had some especially fun trips there this summer when I was shopping for my clients. Well fun for me, a little too long for MIL I'm sure. But one of those trips I found an old-looking milk crate. I showed it to her and said "how cool would it be to put magazines in this!" I'm not sure at the time she was loving my idea, but when she saw these pictures she was like "Yess!"





If you want to do something similar, ebay always is a great source. Here are some listed right now (click image for link):





And speaking of antique milk crates, how great is this modern milk bottle chandelier by Droog?



I would love to see it hung about this marble top Saarinen table:



with two of these:



and a crazy bright bouquet, similar to this:



Wow, I really went off on a tangent there, didn't I?

12 comments:

  1. I saw a ton of those in an antique store yesterday and I had no clue how I'd use them - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea and great use of the crates. I always have magazines laying around and need ideas to store. I need to go searching now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this look. the chairs are insanely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the crate idea! I'll have to keep an eye out next time I go to Home Goods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! So many great decorating ideas - I'll keep referring back as I decorate my new home:
    - ellenitza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your blog! Time to de-lurk and start commenting :)

    That is a great way to use those crates. You always post such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. think the magazine box ideas is GREAT! very creative:)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...