Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's with a heavy heart...

Remember I posted about going thrifting with Eddie? Unfortunately, with a heavy heart, I had to cancel. The reasoning is...

  1. $50 can be better spent elsewhere right now.
  2. And let's be honest - I would have spent much more than the $50 cover fee when I laid my eyes on all the great antiques and Eddie on my side telling me how great they are.
  3. I desperately need some new shoes. Not just a "oh aren't those pretty" type of need, but the "soles are falling off half a dozen pairs of my shoes and they have passed looking vintage to just looking gross" type of need.
I am excited to see how the day turns out (it's this Sunday) on Eddie and other blogger's blogs though! And I definitely owe myself a trip out to the Rose Bowl flea market when our bank account has a bit more padding.

And back to the shoes issue - I'm currently coveting these Charles by Charles Davids:



When you're a recessionista like myself, you have to think about what will get you the most bang for your buck. These suckers will - I believe that cognac looks great with both brown and black. I can definitely see myself wearing them almost everyday this spring/summer.

Have any of you seen cognac pumps with a thick heel for less than $58.50? Please let me know if you have!

7 comments:

  1. Today must be blog about shoes day! I have the same issues!! I feel your pain and think you made the right decission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused...you have to PAY to go thrifting with Eddie? Wow, maybe you start your own thrifting education business! :) Doing something you love and making a buck. What a grand idea! Not to mention, with style like yours, clients would be a plenty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't stomach forking over the dough to see Eddie either. But I will be there so I figure we're bound to run into one another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about these!!! The color, the shape, the heel, the toe... everything! Love them and SO well worth the $58.50!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt like there was a fee somewhere in there..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww darn! I was looking forward to seeing pictures from your trip... but those shoes are pretty cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think you could go to the rose bowl and pay the $8 entrance fee and use the remainder $42 for a purchase and still get something amazing without eddie telling you that it is amazing. he gives a really great education on his blog, plus the magazines have great info on things to buy/not to buy. you might try that instead. but then again, as you said, that $50 can be better spent elsewhere right now. and let's be honest, your house looks amazing!! what a dilemma.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...