Monday, March 19, 2012

Office Progress & Inspiration on a Monday

On Sunday I had planned on finishing my office. Well, I had good intentions but it definitely didn't happen.

First, I had thought my pillows could maybe be finished this week. Most fabric companies ship from South Carolina and I get them in about a day, but then I realized the fabric I ordered shipped from California.. so I'll have to wait for them a bit longer.

But then I went to IKEA to pick up my new sofa for my office, but found it was out of stock until April! So now there isn't any rush on the pillows.

Here is the sofa I plan on purchasing for my office:

It's only....... $300! What a crazy good price. And it's pretty small, which will work perfectly for the space. I love that it has a skirt but straight arms (not like the Erktop). The woman at IKEA told me they had only gotten a handful of them in, and they "sold like hotcakes". I'm bummed I won't be COMPLETELY finished with the office until April, but this pretty little (cheap) sofa is worth the wait.

What we DID get done this weekend was mounting the flat screen TV. And we were able to hide the cords! Which was probably the easiest scenario ever... there is a walk in attic behind the wall, so Matt stood on the other side of it to snake the cords down. SO EASY! The actual TV mount was harder than hiding the cords.

photo

I'm getting some special art in the mail that I still need to hang, among many other things...

This morning is quite foggy in Charlotte. I looked out our master bedroom window and found this beautiful scene:

photo

So pretty, with the green leaves beginning to bud and the gray fog in the background. My immediate thought was "what a pretty color palette that would be in a room."

palette

A pretty start to a very busy week....

11 comments:

  1. That sofa is great!  Can't wait to see more office updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the style of your new sofa & the price.  You'll have to keep us informed as to how comfortable it is.  I always imagined Ikea sofas not being very comfortable & sitting very low to the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find on that sofa and the way time flies it will be here before you know it!  Also, I love that view out of your office window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The console+flat screen looks fabulous!  I can't wait to see the finished product- I know it will be breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen the chip it app from Sherwin? turns pics like yours into paint colors. you have a great eye as always! :

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a view :) That sofa is awesome and the price,totally worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the TV looks hung, we so need to do this!! :) The little sofa will be cute in your office

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that tree is amazing.  cant wait to see it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hate when I get my hopes up that something will be completed and then I find that something is out of stock! It will be exciting for you when it is done! On another note, I absolutely love the lamps you have under the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate it when delays get in the way- but I'm sure you are going to pull everything together in no time and it will be amazing! I cant wait to see it all finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie @ house on reneMarch 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM

    Great find! They are low in stock here in AZ too. Loving the look of your wall mounted tv. And wow what a beautiful scene from your bedroom window! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...