Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mad For Plaid

One of my favorite designers ever, Amy Meier, just posted her new nursery this week. I LOVE it! Here are some images via her blog.



What really stood out to me is that awesome large buffalo check rocker. I'm a big fan of buffalo check furniture. I was going to reupholster the current settee I have in my office in it, but have decided on a small sectional instead.

There are some great large scale buffalo check fabrics on Premier Prints. They aren't quite as large as the one Amy used though.. the repeat is 5 3/8" Horizontal by 6 1/8" Vertical.









All the above fabrics (and more) are here.

I have also had this image saved:



Just ignore the Christmas trees ;)

And I'm sure you've seen the J.Crew buffalo check shirts around the fashion blogs, too.


10 comments:

  1. Tiffany @ Savor HomeAugust 31, 2011 at 9:17 AM

    I saw that nursery on Pinterest and immediately pinned it! I love the plaid chair. Its not too much, but makes a great statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a follower of your blog for a while now and I was so excited to see you as the "home" expert on MML.  I was inspired by what you said about only bringing what you love into your home, even if it means walls have to be blank and rooms must stay sparse for a little while.

    I also wanted to invite you to check out my newly revamped blog: http://www.casabellastudiosblog.blogspot.com.  I would love for you to stop by and say "hello".  :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that plaid!  I especially love the room with the Christmas tree!  It just goes to show you that plaid is perfect anytime of the year.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had plaid couches in our house growing up and I hated them. my mom always had the worst taste. I'm sure plaid is very in right now, but it has too many bad connotations for me. I like the idea of the rocker though. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the plaid, but I also love the idea of all of those picture frames on that wall. Looks very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke @ Blueprint BlissAugust 31, 2011 at 4:20 PM

    LOVED that chair when I first saw it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too saw Amy's nursery on her blog and immediately fell in love with it.  So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's sooo Swedish!! Grew up with those plaids all around. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nursery!  I love the plaid, too, but I especially love the pink matting around those photos!  Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you give me some details about the gorgeous framed prints on the wall? I love them!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...