Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scenes of Summer

It's hot. Really hot. And here's how we beat the heat:

Linoleum floors (Char likes them much more than I do):



and cut offs and fans:



And Coke Zero (not pictured).

EDIT - yes that's my printer on my kitchen counter! A little update on the ink spill for those of you who follow the blog. My printer didn't die, thank god!!! I took it out to the backyard and cleaned it inside and out, then placed it on our kitchen counter with a trash bag and drop cloth underneath for monitoring. So far, so good, no more ink leaking. Once the office gets together, it will move upstairs to it's permanent home. Also - the ink leaked because I got cheapo knock off cartridges thinking I'd be saving money.

7 comments:

  1. haha, hope you're staying cool and enjoying the summer!!

    Is that your printer on the kitchen counter!? haha, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally drooling for a coke zero now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is my favorite blog. your design aesthetic is impecable. i wish you were still in california, i'd hire you to do my whole house (when we buy one which most likely won't be for a few more years). i look forward to seeing what you do in your own home. so far it looks absolutely gorgeous. i love the 2 toned kitchen idea, i showed it to my husband and we're now decided that that's what we want when we do our own kitchen. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, while i ADORE the south, i really do not miss the humidity in the summer. (just wait until august. you are not going to believe how sweaty it gets!)
    and i LOVE coke zero. i am constantly trying to convert those drinking diet coke. it's just so much better...
    and, i loved your fabric selections!
    why are so many drool-worth fabrics so darn expensive? not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The worst - when you think you're saving a buck and then it ends up costing more than if you would have done as your originally should. I hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bryn

    I am new to blogging and have admired your blog for a few yrs....if you have any advice, I'd love to hear it!
    Stay cool!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. love this post :))))
    and thank you for the advice :)))

    xoxo,
    raru

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...