Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mixing Bedside Storage

You probably know by now I love mixing bedside storage, as seen in this guest bedroom I designed:



The reason I love to do this is because I believe that design should work with the way you live, and often men and women and husband and wives live differently.

I'm currently working on a bedroom design for my parents. It's so great designing for my parents because I really understand how they live. My mom always has stacks and stacks of magazines on her side of the bed (like mother like daughter!!!), and my dad has his computer, bills and a classical guitar on his side. I'm working on doing a desk on my dad's side and a three drawer dresser on my mom's.

But I'm not the only one who likes mixing bedside storage. Here are some other inspiration pictures of the same types of set up [you may have to look closely]:












Of course, I love a completely symmetrical bed, too.



The key is to choosing what makes the most sense for you.

15 comments:

  1. Mixing is most often more interesting! The bedroom you designed is really wonderful. Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work at the top! I also like to mix beside storage. I'm actually on the hunt right now for a larger piece for my Husband's side of the bed that I can make over with a little paint, new hardware and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to do it, actually I would love a little desk on my side but I think it will close the space too much :( torn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're timing with this post is ideal for me. I've been considering mixed bedside tables as I need a small desk next to my side of the bed. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a genius idea! it never even occured to me to do anything different than identical pieces, but i absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving the picture with the Dwell Studio bedding. The perfect mix of modern and country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to ask...do you have any clue where the bedding came from on the pic that has the grey and white stripe comforter with the yellow border and the bird cases??? I LOVE IT...oh and I love your blog too!
    Sara
    sperdue78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering if you had any clue where to find the grey/white comforter with the yellow border and bird cases? I love it...and love your blog!!!
    Thanks,
    Sara
    sperdue78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bryn, you are seriously talented! That guest bedroom is just perfectly styled. You are going places for sure! I look up to you for following your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both, but I tend to like symmetrical more just because it is what I am used to. I think it is much harder to do the asymmetrical nightstands the right way without it looking too messy. You have nailed it, so I can't wait to see what you do with your parent's room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The striped duvet in the picture is from Dwell Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bryn, you are seriously talented! That guest bedroom is just perfectly styled. You are going places for sure! I look up to you for following your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really loving the picture with the Dwell Studio bedding. The perfect mix of modern and country.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're timing with this post is ideal for me. I've been considering mixed bedside tables as I need a small desk next to my side of the bed. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mixing is most often more interesting! The bedroom you designed is really wonderful. Janell

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...