Monday, April 19, 2010

Market!

Yesterday I headed up to High Point Market with my Charlotte designer friend, Traci Zeller. I also got to meet up with Jamie and her Furbish crew. I had such a great time!

My favorite (and most productive) part of the trip up was finding these amazing art prints for one of my clients. The iPhone pictures are poor quality, but they are rows of very old ribbon by Suzanne Kasler for Soicher Marin.




I owe the find to Traci, she's the one who took me up to Soicher Marin. I hope my client loves them as much as I do! :)

Another favorite of mine are these wine sphere chandeliers from Bobo Intriguing Objects:

The price point is surprisingly reasonable on these.

I snapped this picture for my husband at Global Views:

We are by no means big drinkers, but one thing my husband requested in our new house is a bar set up with glass decanters (definitely inspired by our love of Mad Men). This one was awesome!

The main theme of the day was "found objects". Old things reinvented (like the lamps above) and flea market looking items. It was an inspiring day!

7 comments:

  1. So funny - I can see how the ribbon swatches could be appealing, but since I look at similarly-sized swatches ALL DAY LONG at the office, I don't think I could stomach looking at them at home on the wall.

    But I love love LOVE the bar set-up idea. Thinking about starting my own in our dining room - keep us posted with more ideas on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ribbon swatches are so pleasing to the eye, I love the idea - so simple and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek is all about the scotch and cigars too. But we don't have Mad Men to blame... we are just drinkers, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in LOVE the wine sphere chandeliers. Thanks for sharing with us poor souls who weren't able to make it this year! If you're headed to ICFF I'd love to meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm going tomorrow through Thurs to snatch up samples....CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

    BoBo is one of my favorites, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my visit to High Point. Didnt get anything, but I believe I will during the Spring Sale.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    http://g-w-hunting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny - I can see how the ribbon swatches could be appealing, but since I look at similarly-sized swatches ALL DAY LONG at the office, I don't think I could stomach looking at them at home on the wall.

    But I love love LOVE the bar set-up idea. Thinking about starting my own in our dining room - keep us posted with more ideas on that!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...