Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Mother-in-Law's Question

So this weekend at the in-law's house my MIL asked me a question she said she gets a lot from her friends who don't understand the blog world. They ask,

"why spend so much time looking into other people's lives?"

I gave her the obvious answer - isn't all entertainment, save the nature channel, about looking into other people's lives? Take it a bit further - isn't all human interaction about looking into other people's lives? Blogging really is just another outlet to do it.

But, the reason I personally do it is because of the inspiration I get for my own life. For instance, once in a while I stumble upon women who completely and utterly inspire me. Okay, I'll admit it, they make me want to be them. But I have to quickly stop those jealousy feelings because I love my life and I love being me, so I just stick to inspiration.

There are so many women who inspire me on a daily basis and you can find most of them via my blog list. What initiated this post was to share another woman that I stumbled upon who is completely inspiring. I don't think she even has a blog (if she does - where is it?!). I found her via Darling Dexter.

ellybeth (via Flickr)

She's everything I love and hope to be: a mother, a sewer, a thrifter, a decorator. Here are some of my favorite images...









She inspires me to....

- have a completely clutter free bedroom
- dress cooler
- enjoy dinner with the husband rather than just eating quickly while watching tv
- sew more

That last picture is her sewing room (!!!) Oh what I would give to have a huge room like that for all my hobbies.

14 comments:

  1. That's EXACTLY how I feel! I couldn't have put it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I have been SO inspired by so many I have "met" and who I read through blogging in so many ways! I honestly believe it makes me a better person, mother & wife if that makes any sense. Love your blog - I am a lurker coming out of the shadows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, Bryn! I am definitely a more dynamic, creative person because of what I learn every day from the blogosphere. I wish more people in my real, everyday life knew what they were missing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too love ellybeth! i discovered her flickr via wikstenmade (are you familiar with that blog/shop? you'd love it). she is so adorable and she inspires me as a fellow young mom. she needs to start a blog so we can peer even more deeply into her life! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I am so inspired by some of the women whose blogs I read.
    A little while ago my husband wasn't too happy about me reading blogs. His argument was that the people blogging could just be making everything up! I replied 'how is it different from me reading a fictional book?' He didn't have an answer to that and now doesn't hassle me for reading blogs.
    If only he knew how much inspiration and motivation I get from the blogs I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, follow this link: http://greenolivesdesign.blogspot.com/

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ellybeth too! I saw some of her pics via wikstenmade. I think she sews some of her products too? I wish she had a blog. I think her home was featured on Cookie Nesting blog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. Just yesterday, a friend proceeded to warn me of the dangers of blogging - perhaps out of jealousy - but I too love it for connecting with like minded individuals. I feel inspired to live more fully, live with less, with more. I love your blog, but of course - you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that style too...very inspiring and totally feel the same when you read other creative and inspiring blogs...it adds to your day!
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that style too...very inspiring and totally feel the same when you read other creative and inspiring blogs...it adds to your day!
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love ellybeth too! I saw some of her pics via wikstenmade. I think she sews some of her products too? I wish she had a blog. I think her home was featured on Cookie Nesting blog?

    ReplyDelete
  12. i too love ellybeth! i discovered her flickr via wikstenmade (are you familiar with that blog/shop? you'd love it). she is so adorable and she inspires me as a fellow young mom. she needs to start a blog so we can peer even more deeply into her life! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...