Monday, August 11, 2008

I love Candy




Yesterday after a fun yet exhausting weekend, Matt and I crashed on the couch and put on an On Demand movie called 'Candy'. It ended up being one of the best movies I've seen. It was a disturbing yet poetic love story between two junkies, and one of them was played by Heath Ledger. Although the "junkie love story" has been done (poorly) over and over, a quote from imdb reviews it perfectly:

"The only thing that isn't stereotypical is Dan who is the backbone of the narrative. Ledger has made it his own and could have mimicked any drug-stricken angsty protagonist the 'genre' has spat out. Instead he has made him a hero."

In my opinion, a movie is very good when I wake up the next morning thinking about it, and that's just what this movie did to me.

2 comments:

  1. Huge fan of Heath Ledger. I'll need to check this movie out. How eerie of a role, considering his untimely passing.

    On another note, I love lazy Sundays, watching movies. It sounds like you had a rockstar weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own Candy and its a great film.
    It makes my sad though because I believe it lead to his death. People wanna blame The Dark Knight but its Candy. He went to a place to learn from Heroin junkies how to really shoot up. After that I believe he tried it for real. Before long he was hooked on Oxycontin:(

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...