Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Trip To Texas

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Matt and I got home last night from visiting my family in Texas. We had a great time, and I have to share with you some pictures of amazing Dallas shops I visited!

First stop was Mecox Gardens. They have stores in many big cities such as New York, LA, etc. It was a beautiful store full of really great eclectic pieces.
I really want an abstract piece of artwork like this for the nursery... this one was a bit out of my budget ;)

The next Dallas shop we visited was Blue Print. Honestly - I don't know how I've never been to this store before. It was one of those OMG moments when I was in this shop. It reminded me so much of Isabella, but on a much, much larger scale. It's located in an old home (similar to Isabella) and each room is like walking into a little jewel box.
\
I was OBSESSED with this room!
The art, OMG the art. Their art collection was one of the best I've ever seen in a shop. And look at this room... an ENTIRE room filled with the most beautiful pieces of art. It felt a little bit like heaven!
 I was telling my husband (who was so sweet to go with me to these stores) that it's funny how I would have never imagined I was doing design and working in a shop when was in college.. but here I am and I love every second of it. And then I walk into a store like Blueprint, and it makes me love it even more.... how I would love for Isabella to be on this scale someday!

Another highlight of my trip was visiting Kendi's store Bloom. Do you follow Kendi's blog? She is one of my all time favorite fashion bloggers and I've been following her forever!

Her shop was SO CUTE. I wish I had taken pictures of the inside!! And Kendi was just as beautiful and kind in person as she is on her blog.. it was so fun meeting her!
I bought two really cute dresses that still fit over my growing bump.. I really love them (here is one of them.. the other isn't on the site)!

And speaking of bump.. we tried to get a bump picture, but it just looks like I ate a little extra turkey and Matt awkwardly has his hand on it :-/

I'm officially past the halfway point, and you may have seen on Instagram that it's a BOY!!! We are so thrilled! More on that later :)

4 comments:

  1. Who knew you could go broke buying amazing art in Dallas! Need to plan a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love bloom. i didn't know there was a girl with a blog behind it. (i live one city north of mckinney). hope you also got to patina green and gray living around the courthouse. those are both spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That home store! Are you kidding me? Where is that- Highland Park? Gorgeous. You make me laugh with your bump picture. haha. Those are hard ones to get. You guys are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for the sweet words bryn! we're so glad you loved everything as much as we do :) come back and see us soon!

    www.blueprintstore.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...