Speaking of change, I think September is a perfect month to reflect on how you're doing this year. Have you accomplished everything you set out to accomplish in January? If not, it's okay! You still have 4 more months.
I have to say I've surprised myself... usually I'm not the best with resolutions. But this year I have accomplished almost all of my goals!
Goals Accomplished Thus Far:
- As of last week, my husband and I are officially debt free (okay.. doesn't include car payments but hey I'm still proud). When we moved out to Southern California from Oklahoma right after college, we didn't realize or plan on how expensive it would be on our small incomes, and as a result we used our credit cards too much. But we lived and learned, became regular watchers of Suze Orman, changed our lifestyle completely and what a difference it's made! It feels so good.
[Charlotte sitting outside with me during a recent garage sale, showing off the cash we made! haha]
- In January, I noted that I wanted to lose a little bit of weight. I had a goal in mind - get and stay below 130, but not beat myself up about weight. Well thanks to Weight Watchers, I met that goal and have been under 130 for a couple months! And I still enjoy cake, fries, pizza, mexican food... it's all about moderation ;)
- My own little business: bryn alexandra interiors
As I mentioned before, we still have four full months left in this year, and I've mentally set some more little goals.
Goals for September-December 2009:
- Biggest goal: Get my portfolio together and launch bryn alexandra interiors website! Can't wait for this one.
- Simplify, declutter, get rid of tons of stuff. This even may include going down to one car.
- Build 8 month emergency fund and down payment for a house!
- STAY under 130 lbs, even during the Holidays ;)
So... how about you guys? How are you doing? Any new goals for the last quarter?