Friday, September 11, 2009

More Fabric & A Gem of a Store

I have a funny story for you guys. So, there is this tiny hole in the wall fabric store that I recently discovered close to my work. I've gone twice during my lunch break, and I know I will be going many many more times. Anyway, the funny story is I was there yesterday and there was this very friendly and cute woman from France. She was going around the store saying in her cute French accent "All this fabric! It's amazing! I wish I could take it all home with me! Ahh!!" then threw herself into the huge collection of bolts of fabric and proceeded to hug it.

Yes, this fabric store is that good.

And even better -it's a small little chain. If you are lucky enough to live in Arizona, California, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Nevada, Texas or Utah, you can enjoy this store yourselves [click here for location list]. But for the rest of you - there is actually a website. But it's not as good as the store. The store is like a sex shop for interior design enthusiasts.

Anyway, I picked up some fabric yesterday at said store..


This Ikat linen is perfect for a big bolster pillow in a current home I'm doing... goes great with the red dupioni silk drapes I purchased (this is for the tone on tone room I blogged about before).


The picture doesn't do this beauty justice. It's a chenille deep navy/cobalt blue (depending on the light) with small shiny slate colored diamonds. And see the back side? It's just as beautiful. I bought the sample to try and persuade a client to use it for drapery in a guest room, hope she goes for it :)

Sorry for the overload of fabric posts, I really love fabric. Now if only I can sharpen my sewing skills... or even better, get my own seamstress!

edit- I just realized that a.) it was 9/11 and b.) what a coincidence the two fabrics I picked up and posted about are red white and blue (sort of). My heart goes out to those families affected 8 years ago.

9 comments:

  1. loovee those fabrics!! what a great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh la la I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryn!! I love this store too! Isn't is amazing!?! I bought the ikat for my skirted console table there.

    Every time I'm in that store when I'm visiting AZ, I just walk up and down the aisles shaking my head and saying "I can't believe this stuff is so CHEAP!!" Sadly I have not gone as far as to hug the bolts of fabric like your adorable French woman, but it very well might come to that at some point. :)

    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post on this fabric store. There's one near my house so I'm going to check it out this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lucky enough to love in Kansas (never thought I would say that:)) and I am there all teh time. This past labor day weekend they had some cotton prints for three dollars a yard. Amazing. My husband was with me the first time I went so I had to make a second trip to spend the amount time necessary picking up what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the hint about this store! I have been looking for a coral colored fabric to use to make an upholstered headboard for my bedroom but couldn't find anything I liked. When you mentioned that there was a store in Kansas, I went there when I was in town visiting my mother-in-law. I found the perfect fabric for $3/yard! I am so excited to finish this project now. My mother-in-law hadn't even heard of it and she was calling her friends to tell them while we were in ther store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the hint about this store! I have been looking for a coral colored fabric to use to make an upholstered headboard for my bedroom but couldn't find anything I liked. When you mentioned that there was a store in Kansas, I went there when I was in town visiting my mother-in-law. I found the perfect fabric for $3/yard! I am so excited to finish this project now. My mother-in-law hadn't even heard of it and she was calling her friends to tell them while we were in ther store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lucky enough to love in Kansas (never thought I would say that:)) and I am there all teh time. This past labor day weekend they had some cotton prints for three dollars a yard. Amazing. My husband was with me the first time I went so I had to make a second trip to spend the amount time necessary picking up what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...