Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tone on Tone

I just got the A-OK from one of my clients to go with a tone-on-tone color theme in her family room. We've been planning on bright red curtains for a while, but I recently had the idea to do an accent chair in the same color. The accent chair will be placed close to the curtains, and be matchy matchy in a great way.


{photoshop mock up}

ps - if you are looking for some great red silk curtains, check out Smart Bargains. Two panels for $99!

________

Update:
For my own sake (education?), I went through my inspiration folder to see if I could find any other tone-on-tone examples (window treatments the same color/tone as furniture in the room).

Here's what I found... enjoy!










If you have any other inspiration, please do send them my way!

10 comments:

  1. I love that tone of red.

    Can not wait to see this room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd need to see the entire room before giving an opinion, but IMHO, contrast usually looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such the discount shopper! Can't wait to see the final pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. red is a hard hard hard color ... and i'm with karen, imho, contrast looks better. i think i'd add a bottom panel to the red curtains in the same fabric you use for the accent pillow on the chair. at any rate, i'll be interesting to see what the finished result is ... red is a fun color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I put up almost the exact same shade of floor length panels as the walls in my living room. Both light greigy-taupe, the curtains have that linen texture. I have not made up my mind completely if I like it yet, but its not the tone-on-tone that bothers me....I'm a sucker for subtle layering of the same shade. Here's one of my blog posts that has a pic of it, scroll down (it's long). Good luck, girl! You're doing awesome:)

    http://pewterandsage.blogspot.com/2009/06/travelling-butterfly-2-revenge-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of bridesmaids or of a suit - matching is much more powerful... love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm.. *searching through files for tone on tone rooms..* Will def. send them your way if I find any!

    Gotta love smartbargains!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING YOUR INSPIRATIONAL IMAGES!!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that red pairing is pure sex.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVING YOUR INSPIRATIONAL IMAGES!!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...