Thursday, June 18, 2009

I heart hepplewhite.

I am so so in love with Hepplewhite bow front dressers. No, they are not particularly uncommon or rare, and I do plan on being a proud owner of one someday. They are a little out of my price range though :(

Here are some of my favorite American Federal style dressers in action...


{via Eddie Ross}


{via Elements of Style}


{via Newlywed Diaries}


Does anyone have any other photos of my favorite dresser? I'd love to see!

Thank you to everyone who answered my question from yesterday... I decided against it thanks to you very knowledgeable readers.

I may be presenting some REAL design boards to one of my clients this weekend... I'm super excited... brings me back to my school days playing with poster boards and glue :)

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I am thinking I LOVE these. Like, completely adore them. Thank you for sharing those photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this style! Teresa painted a thrifted one for her little boy's nursery and it's gorgeous in white too:

    http://thestamfordwife.blogspot.com/2009/01/good-as-new-dresser-make-over.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through a Hepplewhite phase too - they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very familiar with this style as the last dresser shown is more than likely a government surplus chest of drawers at a thrift shop. I grew up with these things in both my parents and grandparents houses. You may want to see if you are near any government surplus warehouses, normally the stuff is pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite dresser styles too. I always seem to pick out the versions that are really old and cost 5k. Keep looking you'll find one!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...