I'm almost always the one to cook for us. I really enjoy doing it, so it was never really a question. Well last night I came home to dinner waiting for me on the table! Matt stayed home from work with a migraine and was feeling much better by dinner time so decided he'd get dinner together.
It was SOOOOO GOOD! We already had dinner picked out*, so he whipped up the recipe and I have to admit - he's such a better cook than I! He's cooked for me before, but not in a while. I told him he's in trouble now that I know how great he is ;)
So here is our dinner:
I was soon a member of the clean plate club:
And the amazing recipe comes from Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations:
SPICY GARLIC LIME CHICKEN
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded out just a bit
- Spices: Kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, dried parsley, dried cilantro, paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 c tequila
- 1 14.5 can low sodium chicken broth
- Juice from 1 lime
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp butter
- Olive oil
- Coat chicken in the dry spices - I simply shook the spices right onto the chicken from the spice jars and then rubbed them all in. I don't measure, but it was probably about 3 shakes from each bottle per side of chicken.
- Heat about 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan.
- Add chicken and cook on medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes per side. The chicken will turn a beautiful golden brown color. If the chicken is not cooked all the way through, lower your heat and continue to cook, or transfer it to the oven to finish (covered).
- Remove chicken from the pan and add another tbsp of olive oil.
- Add garlic, saute
- Deglaze pan with the tequila.
- Add chicken broth and lime juice; bring to a boil.
- Add parsley.
- Whisk in butter to thicken the sauce up a bit
- Serve chicken over linguine; top with the sauce.
What are you making for me next week, husband?
*Picking out recipes before going to the grocery stores really helps you stay within budget and stop unneeded spending.