Thursday, November 20, 2008

Home for the Holidays



Can you believe it? Thanksgiving is around the corner!

This Sunday Matt and I are flying out to Texas to visit my family for Thanksgiving. We'll be out there for 8 days! I had to share this map with you - our trip will consist of 4 stops, making an almost perfect kite. That's a lot of driving, but it will be a Thanksgiving to remember, that's for sure!



Our trip will include:

Plano, Texas - My hometown, and where M and I went to high school together

Norman, Oklahoma - Our college town, and where M and I fell in love (ack, cheesy I know)

Tulsa, Oklahoma - To grandparent's house we come!

Austin, Texas - Current town of my little bro while he's at UT. We'll be cooking Thanksgiving there in my family's 900 500 sq ft Austin condo. Should be interesting!

It will be an action packed trip but I am so excited. I get to go to all the towns that mean so much to me, and I still get excited thinking about how Matt will be with me as I spend all this time with my family (cheesy again, I know, but as a Newlywed I still get excited knowing he's my family too).

I also wanted to mention to you all that I may not be posting as much, but I want to try something that Erika at Urban Grace Interiors did. She did a couple posts only with camera phone images - I loved it and I thought what better time to do it than during my vacation?

So check back next week for those to see what I'm up to in the Lone Star State!

18 comments:

  1. I hope you have lots of fun. Looks like you'll be having an action packed vacation.

    Can't wait to see pics from the roads.

    Enjoy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy thanksgiving! can't wait for the camera phone posts!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip! My family used to live in Plano. I'm headed to The Colony for a visit next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, you'll be so close to us! We are only an hour south in San Antonio! Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For my brother's first year at college in New Orleans, my parents and I fly there from SoCal, and held Thanksgiving in his dorm room. I'm sure you will manage, and it will definitely make for memories.
    Have a great and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bryn! Make that 500 sq ft in the Austin condo :-) It will be a riot. At least it won't be possible to have too many cooks in the kitchen; only room for one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey bryn - i love your blog and have had it on my reader for awhile. i just wanted to say what a small world it is... i had no idea you were from dfw as well! i grew up flower mound! hope you guys have a happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great trip... DH and I live in Plano :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bryn,
    Ive been a reader of your blog for a while. I actually grew up in Plano to - grad from PESH in '95. My FI grad from PESH in '92. Small world :) Have fun on your memory filled vacation! :)
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. That should say too...instead of to ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey welcome back to TX! Doesn't sound like you'll have much time on your trip, but we're in Austin, and I'd love to meet up for coffee or something if you're up for it! Drop me a line at mikeandmcgee@gmail.com if you get a chance!

    McGee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey welcome back to TX! Doesn't sound like you'll have much time on your trip, but we're in Austin, and I'd love to meet up for coffee or something if you're up for it! Drop me a line at mikeandmcgee@gmail.com if you get a chance!

    McGee

    ReplyDelete
  13. That should say too...instead of to ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bryn,
    Ive been a reader of your blog for a while. I actually grew up in Plano to - grad from PESH in '95. My FI grad from PESH in '92. Small world :) Have fun on your memory filled vacation! :)
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great trip... DH and I live in Plano :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey bryn - i love your blog and have had it on my reader for awhile. i just wanted to say what a small world it is... i had no idea you were from dfw as well! i grew up flower mound! hope you guys have a happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...