Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 4: Plano, TX to Austin, TX

First, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Check back later to see my camera phone pics from today. I hope everyone has a great day filled with great food!

Yesterday we drove from my parents house in Plano to my brother's condo in Austin.


We passed by the downtown skyline as we headed out of Dallas.



My new ring - my grandmother gave it to me while in Tulsa - it's literally a huge rock (with crystals growing off of it), and I love it.



We stopped in Salado, Texas on the way to Austin - they had a lovely row of antique shops, and I just had to stop in one.



This shop was so great... I could have bought a thousand things, if it weren't for the issue of bringing it back to CA (oh yeah, and affording it).



I fell in love with these cobalt blue goblets - I imagined drinking wine from them, I'm sad I didn't get them.



My brother Blake's apartment - he shares this tiny little room with another guy - ah college days.



I painted the guitar for Blake, and got him that little painting of Dylan from Etsy. Blake's an amazing musician, I'm going to post a song of his soon!



We ate at such a great place here in Austin - Magnolia's.



I was soooo happy to finally have queso after 3 years of living in California - when you say "queso" in CA they bring you a block of cheese :/

7 comments:

  1. Yum! There is nothing like Texas queso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* Magnolia queso! I seriously miss Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have called me! I would have given you my credit card and purchase those goblets for ME! I imagine fabulous flowers in them. How much were they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* Magnolia queso! I seriously miss Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have called me! I would have given you my credit card and purchase those goblets for ME! I imagine fabulous flowers in them. How much were they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those goblets are to die for!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...