Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Change, Change, Change

Sometimes I'm amazed at how much my style has changed over the last 5 years or so. I used to be all about the swirly iron art, the faux finishes, the scrolls.. but now I'm all about clean modern lines. I'm not the only one though - if you look at Pottery Barn's new items you'll be amazed at how modern they have become. I used to shudder at the thought of modern, but I'm amazed at the type of things I'm drawn to now.

When my mom was in town we went to Ikea - they have some great new things that I spotted. I fell in love with this chair:


The color is titled "gray-brown", my favorite... and it's actually so so comfortable. I've added it to my want list - I think it'd be perfect as an extra seating for me and my laptop while Matt is sprawled out on the couch leaving me no room :)

Speaking of couches, I plopped into this one at Ikea and was amazed at how comfortable it is:

I adore this couch but unfortunately Matt would never go for it. Because he spends most of his life laying on the couch, he has a big say in what we get (I kid, I kid but seriously - what is it about men and couches and sports? Those three things are a bad combination). I will just have to stick to the chair for now.

2 comments:

  1. haha, just don't ever buy matt a recliner. once a man sits in a recliner, they never again get up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in the boat with you about the modern stuff - never struck my fancy but now I want it in my house!

    love the blog.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...