Friday, March 21, 2008

I adore trees.

I've always loved trees. I remember on long car rides as a child looking out the window, as the trees would pass me by (or we would past by them by) they always seemed like they were dancing; in a perfectly choreographed ballroom dance. Next time you are a passenger, look at them passing you by all in a row - you'll see what I mean :)

So of course when it came time for our wedding, I knew I wanted it outside, and I only looked at one location - in the foothills here in CA surrounded by trees, and knew it was the one.



So, I was searching online tonight and checking out some of my favorite etsy sellers when I stumbled upon an amazing sale by one of my favorite etsy photographer -

Fine Art Photography by Irene Suchocki.


She had a buy one piece of art - get one free sale going on that ended in a half an hour! I knew I had to jump on it. Well turns out the exact piece of art I picked was also featured on Extreme Home Makeover, and even on one of my favorite episodes (the one with the Marine). Here is the beautiful piece:


Read all about it on her blog.

The art print I got for free along with my purchase is this:


Although I'm not particularly fond of birds, I fell in love with this print because of the name "Two of us". I couldn't help but think of Matt and I on our wedding day sealing our vows within the branches of Padua.



I've said it before - when I buy art, it has to be meaningful to me, especially since I don't like many things on our walls!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea Irene was that big of a deal! I have one of her prints! How cool is that?!

    I completely agree with you on the beauty of trees though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Irene was that big of a deal! I have one of her prints! How cool is that?!

    I completely agree with you on the beauty of trees though.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...