Monday, February 4, 2008

The "Great" Debate

Matt and I can agree on ONE thing when it comes to our future great room - hang the tv above the fireplace. But other than that - we've been butting heads.

I didn't want a sectional, he did. I didn't like how it closed off the room, which will also be the first room people see when walking into our home. But he didn't like not having something to sit/lay on FACING the tv. Here is the current set up:



At this point, I think I'm just going to have to ::gasp:: compromise and let him get the section if I get to pick everything else :) (I am so not a compromise type of person - marriage is hard!)

However, I think I could get used to a sectional in the great room, if I have this FABULOUS console table standing behind it:



It's mirrored (which would help open the space) and just oh-so-glamorous. It reminds me of nestie lwolcott's fabulous buffet table:



When all is said and done, I would love to have the feel of a room like this:


Our good friends Erin and Steve just bought this couch - and I went with Erin to go check it out. It's not the most fashion forward couch ever, but it looks great in person (it's micro-fiber but gives off that velvet look), and most importantly it's extremely comfortable and budget friendly, and I think it could be husband-approved.



If we did get this couch - I would want to drown it in these Velvet/Linen white pillows from West Elm - they are 24x24; I love huge comfy pillows on a couch.



Unfortunately, my opinions/ideas on this room seem to change weekly, so we'll see what we actually end up getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...