Tuesday, October 8, 2013

BACKSPLASH!

We spent the entire weekend installing the backsplash. OMG it took forever! And it was pretty labor intensive. BUT it was really easy and it was sooooooooooo worth it. I love it!!
I guess you could say these are little "sneak peeks" since they are just Instagram pictures. I did take a ton of pictures during the process and will write a post all about it!

You can see in the pictures above our terrible, old stove. When we started this process we had planned on keeping it. But then we got the counters in and we realized it doesn't fit at all. We would have had to raise it onto blocks because it's too short, and then have moulding cut around the sides since it sticks out so far. I've been looking on Craigslist for ovens for the last 3 weeks with no luck :(

We were at Lowe's this weekend and luckily came across this floor model that was $500 less than the original price, and we decided to bite the bullet!
 We are very excited, and very ready to have this kitchen done!!! We have just a couple more things to do (like have an electrician come in and do some things) and I think we'll be finished.

Although I've really been wanting new lighting now... ha! It never ends!

13 comments:

  1. I'm very happy to hear that the blacksplash was somewhat easy to do, just labor intensive. My husband and I are hoping to DIY when it comes to the backsplach rather than pay a contractor to do it during part of our kitchen renovation.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backsplash is beautiful, and great find on the stove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The back splash looks good!! & your new stove is going to look amazing in there!! :) Looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tile looks great! and congrats on the stove find, you are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I tiled our old kitchen with subway tile and it was not for the faint of heart! Especially the cutting around outlets! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooooove it. So clean and fresh. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great!! The grout lines look like they have been done by someone with plenty of experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe the difference! Looks like a new house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking great in there. I love what simple white subway tile can do to a space! Lucky score with the range.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so, so great. It reminds me a lot of my Birmingham kitchen which I adored. Ubatuba countertops, white subway backsplash ( that I installed myself), and tile floors. While I love my new kitchen I do miss my old one a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have the same backsplash in my kitchen -- the classic white subway tile. I often tire of things, but I'll never tire of this!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...