Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bryn Alexandra Interiors + Joy & Revelry

I am so very excited to share with you this brand e-commerce concept that I've recently partnered with!!!

There are so many flash sale sites out there now. In fact, I always get a little annoyed when 11 AM rolls around and I get 6+ emails every day. I always end up deleting them. Don't get me wrong, I love a good flash sale and I do use them every now and then for clients. However, it always seems like they have the same sales/items over and over, and the sales seem to just bounce from one site to the next, and it's not often I'm enticed to click on a new sale.

This new website, Joy & Revelry, is so different from other flash sale sites. And that is exactly why when they contacted me to partner with them, I was so excited. I think it's a really great idea and I'm genuinely excited about the idea of bringing shopping and social networking together (it's the marketing/advertising side of me coming out!)



Okay, so let me tell you about it!! Here is the quick & simple explination of how it works: 

- Joy & Revelry selects style mavens, aka designers and bloggers who have a good eye for design.

- The style mavens (that would be my role in this) curate weekly collections of products they love.

Here's where this site varies from other flash sale sites... within the curated collections, the designers and bloggers explain exactly why they choose the items they did, and help give you ideas on how to incorporate them into your home. It's like getting an interior designer's advice on your interior decorating purchases.

- Within each curated collection, there is normal stock like on a regular e-commerce sites, so technically this site isn't a "flash sale" site at all. I consider it more like my own personal online store that I select items for.  Each sale lasts for about a month, and they will have different concepts behind each one.

I would say the site is most comparable to the "Style Guide" and "Tastemaker Tag Sales" on OKL. But it's also quite different in the sense that there is a large social media aspect behind it (as I mentioned, the style mavens are really focusing on educating and explaining why they chose the pieces, how they can work in your home, etc).

Sorry, I know I've written a novel so far, but I hope you can see why I'm so pumped about this new concept :)

Currently, the site is invitation only. However, I do have a personal link for you guys to use to sign up.


My first collection is up, and it's a basic representation of my style.



Here is an example of how we explain why we selected the items we do:



Ever since I had to stop selling at Slate Interiors here in Charlotte due to limited time, I've really missed the chance to curate and share pieces that I love. So this new partnership with Joy & Revelry is such an exciting opportunity for me to have my own little "shop". Can you tell I'm so excited?!?!?

Also, an added little extra - when you sign up now you get 10% off :)

So please do check it out! I hope you are as excited about this as I am! And please let me know if you have any questions about this new concept.

6 comments:

  1. that lamp is RIDICULOUSLY awesome! you picked some good stuff and totally reasonably priced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that Poeme rug! And the price is unbeatable! Congrats on working together with Joy & Revelry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing...:)

    pet meds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just signed up. I agree ... the flash sale sites have been feeling uninspired lately, and it seems like many of the same products come up again and again. I like the concept of curators explaining why a piece is chosen and how to use it. It makes me feel like thought was really put into it, rather than just clicking a bunch of stuff. (Kind of like using a personal shopper, which is fun!)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...