Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Light & Airy Bedroom

Last week I rented a wide angle lens and snapped some pictures of a recent bedroom project I completed.

This bedroom was really fun to work on - my favorite part was the full wall of custom drapery sheers! This project was a great example of a "spend here, save here" type of project. We splurged on the drapes, but were very budget friendly on other items. I'll give you more details, but here are the pics first!







Even though this bedroom was neutral, my client and I still wanted it to feel a bit eclectic and funky. My client has a great eye for art and we wanted to bring that feeling into the bedroom.

As a whole, the room feels simple and clean, but if you look closely there are a lot of little details (subtle patterns on the duvet and blanket, painted doors, funky hardware on the case goods).

As I mentioned earlier, we used the budget wisely by splurging on some items (window treatments, bedding) and saving on others (painting existing nightstands, vintage dresser, One Kings Lane art).

Here is a breakdown of the room:

Drapery Sheers - Custom
Nightstands - Existing, we had them painted white and added new knobs from Anthro
Lamps - Regina Andrew, to the trade
Duvet Cover with Silver Leaves - Global Weave, purchased through Isabella
Navy Chevron Blanket - Peacock Alley, purchased through Isabella
Satin Bolster - Custom (I had a tiny silvery blue linen flange added.. I love details like that!)
Art -  One Kings Lane
Mirror - Alexander Scott (local Charlotte store)
Dresser - Vintage, we had it painted. 

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the bedding combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The sheer drapes makes it feel so ethereal and despite a lot of cool colors in this room, it feels very warm! I love it! And, thank you for the sources too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Where did you rent the lens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Bryn!!!! What kind of lens did you rent? Bravo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so soothing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those asking about the lens - here is the lens I used: Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Tokina Lens,
    11-16mm. I just took this info from Flickr, it's all Greek to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful room! the textures really bring it to life...i love the color that the art brings in, and the soft grey of the dresser. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What about the bed skirt? Where did that come from? I've been trying to find one for six months that is straight with side slits. They are always too ruffly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What did you think of the quality of the headboard? I've been eying the Skyline headboards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work Bryn!! xo- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great example of what a wide-angle lens can do. Beautiful space you have created! - Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I noticed that the nightstands and dresser have glass cut to size. I am considering that for a couple of my own painted pieces but not sure about the look, do you have an opinion one way or the other?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I'm in a color theory class right now, and my (artist) professor is always talking about interiors with "filtered light". This is such a great example!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool!



    What about following each other? Visit my blog and let me
    know, it would be great to keep in touch!XOXO


    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is an awesome room! well done! in love with the artwork and chevron blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooooo beautiful! The accessories are perfect and that herringbone blanket is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can the chevron blanket be purchased online? Does it come in other colors? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful room! Do you happen to know the name of the artist?

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the pillow combination on the bed. I have mine set up in a similar manner and was looking to add a custom bolster. do you mind sharing the dimensions of yours? i was having trouble visualizing until i saw your beautiful room!
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! You did a great job, you should be so proud! I love how soft and calming it is,the herringbone fitted sheet it my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and soothing bedroom. Love the bolster...


    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely room but... Why are beds placed in front of windows in so many Americsn blogs? There must be an historical reason but I m yet to find out what it is. I find it very interesting.
    ZoeB

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this look! So open and relaxed.


    http:/jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. where is the darling plant/silver planter on the dresser from? what a fun accent to pair with the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the whole room. But are there more chevron blankets available at Isabella? Would love to pick one up!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous Bryn......love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. great room. What color did you paint the dresser?

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...