Monday, January 23, 2012

Round Skirted Tables

I really love a good round skirted table. Have I blogged about this before? Maybe.. Anyway it seems as though some people feel they are a bit old fashioned, but it's something that will never go out of style. And they have such versatility when it comes to styling!

Here are some really good ones :)


via House Beautiful


I'm sure you know this already, but Ballard has some good (and inexpensive) options:



For the most part, they are pretty budget friendly. Unless you have your heart set on a pricey fabric. A 30" table takes around 5.5 yards (and that's just for a solid).

Here is a skirted table I recently did (sorry for the poor photo quality):


This nook was somewhat awkward and we had to have something to display my client's awesome original sculpture of her husband when he was younger! It is so, so cool.

I am finishing up this project and then having it photographed soon!


  1. Thank you for posting this! I have a round, skirted table as my bedside table, and lately have felt like it needs some styling help bc it is large. I needed these pics bc most bed side tables you see in magazines are small and angular. 

  2. Meg @ Made InterestingJanuary 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM

    they're a great storage place too...or a hiding spot if you're 3.

    btw: where did you find that clear base lamp? awesome original sculpture! 

  3. I love skirted tables. They are very cost efficient and look stunning. 

  4. I love these too - something so traditional about them... and I love mixing in another textile rather than another wood tone. Thinking of doing a pair as nightstands except that I'd really miss having a drawer...

  5. Annie @ house on reneJanuary 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM

    Those are some great inspiration pictures! 

    Love that original bust. I can't wait to see the rest of the room, it looks great!

  6. I skirted a table in our living room with a skirt from Ballard. Great quality. Only thing is, our table top was larger and the drop height shorter than the dimensions of the skirt, so it sits a bit wonky (technical term). But I don't think it bothers me enough to get rid of it...

    I adore the head on your table! Fun and unexpected.

  7. Hmmm... I've never thought of a skirted table before! I love the box pleat look for sure. I will have to try!!!!

  8. I've been debating doing a skirted table for a while now. Thanks for posting these. I think you've swayed my decision to go ahead and do this. Thanks again!

  9. I think it can work, but it definitely depends on the style of the home and the fabric used to skirt it! Beautiful pictures today!

  10. Love this! I have an entire pinterest board dedicated solely to skirted tables - I feel like the options just go on and on!

  11. Love a skirted table.  Great pics.

  12. That sculpture is super cool! And I love the sunglasses - just adds to the effect. I love a skirted table. They are truly a classic. I know I spied at least a couple in the newest AD too. Great job with the styling/vignette on yours!


THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...