Yesterday around 4 pm I was bound and determined to finish my black french doors and get them up. It took me until 9 pm but I did it! It feels good to have a project finished (for the most part. I still need to do some touching up).
Finishing the doors must have been fate because this morning I was delivered a HUGE package. I was shocked to see my parents had shipped me the painting I have been wanting for a while!! It was so unexpected, I had planned on bringing it back with me while visiting them for Thanksgiving.
And the best part, they are coming today for a short visit. I'm sure my mom planned it out this way, but I'm so excited for them to see the painting hanging in our living room in person!
There is still soooo much to do in this room (like the rest of our home). In case you are curious:
- I won the cream chairs from Joss & Main. I plan on having them reupholstered and adding a skirt similar to this Lee chair:
I'm not sure in which color yet...
- Drapery Panels
- Paint table in between Joss & Main chairs
- New lamp & Mirror in Entry
- Sconces on either side of the painting
- Rug in entry (and eventually in the sitting area too but we need one in the entry first)
6 hours ago