Monday, October 3, 2011

Chi-Town

Last Thursday my husband and I left town to visit Chicago!!

We traveled to Chicago for the wedding of a great friend of the family (and the couple has also recently moved to Charlotte... yay!). My in-laws also attended the wedding so it was great seeing them as always! I haven't been to Chicago since I was a girl, and really all I remembered was it being cold and riding the train that goes above the city.

This time around it was still cold (and very windy!!) but we had a great time... it's a BEAUTIFUL city. Everywhere you turn there is marble and granite... yum.

Here are a few pictures from our weekend!

IMGP1114

IMGP1112

IMGP1099

IMGP1081

IMGP1089

IMGP1068

IMGP1133

IMGP1144

IMGP1160

IMGP1203

IMGP1208

IMGP1218

IMGP1222

IMGP1231

IMGP1247

IMGP1250

The wedding was GORGEOUS!! The reception was held at the Palmer House. It was the most elegant wedding I had ever been to.

IMGP1307

IMGP1311

IMGP1317

IMGP1339

IMGP1375

IMGP1378

IMGP1384

CONGRATS to Mike and Jacquelyn!!

And now back to the daily grind :)

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I love cities right at the water's edge - skyscrapers contrasted against the waves is so lovely!
    xo AllisonSpicer + Bankwww.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love the Art Institute! Way too long since I've been there. Looks like a beautiful wedding and reception venue - and your dress is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked Chicago!!  I've lived there my whole life and can't really see myself anywhere else...though the winters do get a little rough.  But I suppose I don't mind that much, I did get married in Chicago, in the middle of the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get that dress for the wedding?! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! This isn't much help but I found it at a local consignment store! It's a size 2 and I'm normally a size 6.. but I loved it so much I squeezed myself into it (thanks to the flow-y skirt!). Although in some pictures I looked a little pregnant haha! The brand is Donna Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, your eyebrows look good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pics of Chicago! i see you made it to the art institute (my favorite) and the shedd. it is cold and windy at times (ok, a lot), but it's such a great city. i live here and probably take it for granted too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fund weekend--you were so stylish all weekend long, but I LOVE that black lace dress for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your earrings & make-up in the wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looove Chicago! Half of my family is from there and I try to go at least once a year to visit. This is THE perfect time of year to go. Unlike the South, they actually get a nice long Fall season :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the church I got married in last year! Crazy to see it pop up randomly like that in your post. Glad you had fun in my town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like a blast! You two are adorable together. Oh and happy belated anniversary. The Mr and I married at your ages too. Being in the deep south though we were considered old. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had lots of fun! I LOVE the dress you wore for the wedding! You look gorgeous on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jacquelyn DebonvilleOctober 10, 2011 at 5:32 PM

    I love all the pics you took!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...