Monday, September 12, 2011

Here and There

This post is random but there are a couple things I have to share with you.

First I am sad to report that this month is my last month with our booth in Slate Interiors. Ending my time with the booth was not something I wanted to do but the simple fact is I don't have the time for it anymore :( It took a lot of time and energy finding the perfect pieces for the booth and then rehab-ing them. I've been blessed with a handful of new clients and something had to give.. I had too much on my plate. It's a good problem to have, but I'm so bummed to no longer have a booth. Amanda (my booth partner) is also retiring from the booth, but if you ever need pillows sewn she is amazing! Email me and I'll forward it on to her.

I still have a passion to find and share amazing pieces, so I'll be putting my "shop" blog back up now that I no longer have a booth. More on that later.

This week I'll be "slashing prices" to sell all my inventory at Slate so if you live in Charlotte be sure to check it out!

In other news, Today I was featured on Chassity's amazing blog Look Linger Love with a baby boy nursery I designed for her nursery series.



Go check it out HERE!

And I would like to address the 9/11 10 year anniversary. Yesterday was quite a deep day for me (as it was for the rest of the country). I'm still in a bit of a funk. I spent almost all of yesterday (and a little bit of this morning) watching the coverage of the 9/11 memorial and also the coverage from that day. I probably shouldn't have, but I also went onto You Tube and watched things I had never watched before... the people falling from the buildings, the phone calls from people trapped, the phone calls from people on the planes.

Ten years ago I was 17 years old in high school and deciding which college I should go to was more real to me than what had happened. Of course I, like the entire country, was stunned and devastated as we watched the news and the events unfold, but it was different yesterday when I watched everything (a lot of it for the first time). But ten years later as I watched everything it was like I really saw it all for the first time.. I think because now I am an adult with a husband and starting to think about a family of our own. It really didn't hit me until yesterday the depth of the event.

And I know it's not just me... everyone of you reading this (especially us Americans) probably feel the same way. We'll never understand, but as they say we'll never forget.

10 comments:

  1. recycledconsignanddesignSeptember 12, 2011 at 10:21 AM

    Great Nursery! So perfect for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with the beautiful words you've written regarding 9-11.  I was 18 and just starting out at as a freshman in college when our world was forever changed by the events of 9-11.  I remember exactly where I was when I found out the first plane had hit tower 1.  The rest of the days and weeks that followed are a blur, and I can't for the life of me figure out why I wasn't glued to the television and following all of the events as they unfolded.  I've been willing myself to remember what I did the rest of the day and weeks that followed, but I can't remember.  The only reason that I can come up with is that life for me just kept on going.  I still attended classes and field hockey practices.  Although the world had changed, the little bubble I lived in didn't.  Now that I'm a grown woman and married, I just can't imagine what thousands of families went through in the days, months, and years that followed.  I'm so touched by the thousands of families who lost loved ones - their strength inspires me.  Thanks for posting your honest thoughts, it made me feel like I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bryn...I couldn't agree with you more about yesterday.  It was a sad day for me, too.  Ten years ago, I remember I was home watching things unfold on the news.  I was pregnant with my 2nd child and was scared about what the future was going to be like.  Watching all of the coverage this weekend brought it all back.  It also made me so sad for my brother that I lost a few years ago and for everyone who has lost a loved one in their lives. 

    On another (happy) note...your nursery design is absolutely adorable.  So cute and preppy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not American and I wasn't yet in the US when it all happened, but the entire world was shocked by it and I totally share your feelings, especially being a US resident now. I was only one year older than you, but also deciding about college. I will never forget how I learned on my first cell phone from my mom what was going on. It was a real sad day.

    About you booth, it was really beautiful, but as you said, it's a good problem to have. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It put me in a sad mood too.  Seeing the families yesterday really broke my heart - their loss is unimaginable. It was all just so senseless.  

    But on a brighter note, that nursery is gorgeous.  

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nursery you put together is just darling.  So perfect for a baby boy!  Yesterday was such a moving and emotional day for so many of us.  I had just been in NY at the Trade Center two weeks prior to 9/11. My heart breaks for every one who lost a loved one that day. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about 9/11, something about being an adult has changed the emotional aspect of the events.  That is too bad about your boothe but new adventures will be waiting around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your nursery design board - love everything about it.  And secondly, I was in the same sort of funk as well. Thinking back to 10 years was really tough, and realizing how precious life really is.  I had a breakdown moment in the car at one point and my husband thought he had done something wrong.  He didn't do anything wrong - everything just hit me.  I had just started a full-time job and was just in a whirlwind of emotion and shock at that point.  We remember always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nursery design board-- nothing is more classic, in my opinion, than a Jenny Lind crib. ADORABLE! Chic Rooms

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the nursery Bryn!  And...so sorry about the booth.  I have had one and it is a ton of work.  You have to be constantly adding things and "fluffing" it.  Also love your thoughts about 9/11.  My husband is a pilot for United. I remember that day so well....and was so relieved that he was not one of the planes affected.  He was grounded in Cincinnati for the whole time...

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...