First, Happy Labor Day! I'm sure things will be dead around the blogs today, but I finally finished painting the dresser in our entry and I just had to share!
If you remember, in this post I was leaning back and forth on whether I wanted to paint it or sand it down to it's original stainless steel finish. Almost all of you said "stainless!" but I went black (for now) for a couple reasons:
1. I felt the room needed the contrast
2. It would have been pricey to get it to it's original stainless steel finish. I would have wanted it done right, so it would have had to go to a professional refinisher. $$$$
3. I can always have it stripped in the future.. it will always be stainless steel and the paint is only spray paint.
So black it was!
And here was the before:
And here is the after!
And I love it!
As you can see, I kept the original knobs, and also kept the feet silver. This gives a little nod to the original piece. I was going to replace the knobs (I even bought some new ones that will be returned). But when I put the original knobs back on temporarily, I realized they were perfect.
At first I was going to do lacquer gloss spray paint. I purchased it and did one quote but it was all wrong. So I sanded down and did Satin finish.
I used this spray paint:
The mirror and lamp are "just ok". But they were already owned and work for now.
7 hours ago