Tales from a busy decorator, in bullet form:
• When I designed the homes in California I went to local fabric stores like Home Fabrics to get my fabric. Home Fabrics is amazing and I really really miss that place. BUT now that I'm a "legit" decorator, I get access to To The Trade fabric stores*. Walking in them pretty much feels like I died and went to heaven, and my heaven is rooms and rooms of gorgeous color-coded fabrics hung on hangers. I went for the first time this week and came home with these samples:
If you're one of my Charlotte clients, most likely some of these swatches are for you!
* If any of you ever want to the trade fabric, shoot me an email and I can get it for you. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Even though Martha isn't at my Home Depot yet, the Valspar rep at Lowe's snagged me this:
And yes, Lowe's still mixes Martha. Thanks awesome Valspar rep!
• Buying the house [if inspection goes well] couldn't come at a better time.. the more work stuff I acquire, the smaller my work space seems to be getting.
Such a mess! But just keepin' it real.
• Speaking of work spaces, my new office is the first room to be decorated in the new house for now. Here's what I'm thinking...
Pink! (they say it's the most calming color). Storage! Mad Men style Desk! (scored via eBay). Campaign dresser!
Okay.. back to work. Have a great weekend!
1 day ago