Monday, March 8, 2010

bryn alexandra interiors: Woods Bedroom

Happy Monday! This morning I have for you some more pictures of the Woods Master Bedroom you saw on Design Sponge.

When I first saw the very tall sloped wall in the master, I knew Cole & Son's Woods wallpaper would be perfect. I know it's been everywhere, but the client loves it (and so do I) so we did it. I put Woods on the tallest wall to create a super tall woodsy feel.

** super lame confession alert ** After the wallpaper was installed, the tall height of the trees reminded me of the sexy wood scenes in Twilight and made me love it even more. Did I just admit that?!

My clients wanted a mix of glamor and modern so I immediate thought black and white! To add interest I added in pewter and gold. The gold is my favorite part. Sometimes people wonder - can I mix silver and gold? I hope this room helps answer that question!

Here is the design board I started with:



Sometimes in the design process we stray from the original plan, but as you can see we stuck pretty close to the original design. We did use the pendant lights in the kitchen instead of the master :) Also instead of the bamboo fabric for the accent chair, I'm so glad I decided to go with the offset stripe.

Onto the pictures!







Many people have asked about the gold lamps with black shades. Unfortunately they are currently sold out. They were Nate Berkus for HSN and were purchased last summer.



The console was a find at Salvation Army. I thought about painting it, but I'm glad I didn't. The piece was in great shape, and I love the warm tone of the wood.



The hardware is just too cool!



I used vintage postcards in the frames, an inexpensive alternative to art.





The gold leafed offset stripe chair sits in the corner of pewter drapery. The left wall is an entire wall of drapery which hides the closet that is the full length of the wall. The right wall is a sliding glass door flanked with the drapes. We didn't get a picture of this, but I may be able to get one from my client.



The sink is actually a part of the master bedroom. Not ideal, but we made it work by using a gold mirror, chandelier and granite that pulls in the black and gold of the room.





As with the rest of the home, this room was very budget friendly.. here are the sources:

bed - ethan allen
side tables - homedecorators.com
bedding, candlesticks, basket and throw, side table lamps, mirror, accent chair pillow - Home Goods (LOVE Home Goods!! Best source for accessories by far)
console and accent chair - salvation army
accent chair fabric - premier prints
drapery - smartbargains.com
frames, convex mirror - aaron brothers

I really really love the art of mixing high (woods wallpaper, ethan allen bed) and low (ikea rug, salvation army furniture). I'm in the process of getting my wholesale tax ID, so it will be really fun to start dabbling with 'to the trade' items and mixing them with pieces from Craigslist and Target. As a decorator, I don't think I'll ever shy away from getting a good deal. :)

21 comments:

  1. Really is a gorgeous room! Now I want to go to Home Goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and masculine. All I'd add is a touch faux fur. I'm planning on using a woods theme in my kitchen so this is very inspirational to me. I like how you've used the woods theme without making it campy. I bet at night this room is pretty cozy. I also love the use of wheat/gold color. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, bryn! you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular!!!

    Is that console really from Salvation Army? I have never seen that nice a piece of furniture at any Goodwill, Savers, or Salvation Army that didn't need to be painted or refinished. Did you restain it? Man, what a find.

    I hope you can find a picture of the wall of pewter drapery - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just completely and utterly gorgeous! Every little thing is just perfect. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhmazing!! Love the Twilight reference... I tend to agree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this room. Just wondering, where did you get that lovely chandelier? And is it vintage? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria - definitely not vintage - it's from Pottery Barn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! You did a phenomenal job! Although not my style, I love how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this...especially the golds. Those lamps on the bedside tables are a great rich gold and so nice after overkill of satin nickel everywhere. BEAUTY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this room - that is my favorite wallpaper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job!! I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats Bryn, this room looks REALLY great! I love that wallpaper too, even if it is everywhere...sometimes you just have to do it anyway because you and your client like it. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bryn, you truly did an amazing job on this room. Thanks for sharing the details with us! Keep up the fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bryn - love it love it love! It turned out so well!

    Sorry if I missed it in the post, but where oh where are the gold bedside lamps from? I want them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an amazing transformation! Can you divulge where you got the natural fiber rug? Is it pretty soft underfoot? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this entire combination.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    http://g-w-hunting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this entire combination.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    http://g-w-hunting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bryn, you truly did an amazing job on this room. Thanks for sharing the details with us! Keep up the fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this room - that is my favorite wallpaper!!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...