Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I love lantern pendants!

One of my favorite lighting options of all time are lantern pendants. My absolute favorites are blown glass caged pendants like this one via sfgirlbybay:



If you love the look but cannot shell out big money for a real vintage, Anthropolgie has some great options right now...




In their current state, they are just for candles - but that doesn't mean they won't work as pendant lights. All you need is this:



A little chain and a ceiling canopy kit/hardwire light kit, like this, and you're set! A pretty, inexpensive alternative to the real thing :)

7 comments:

  1. I also love outdoor fixtures inside.
    Great lighting sets the tone for the entire room...I love that rustic table.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo I loooove lantern pendants too. I've loved this one from Ballard designs for ages: http://www.ballarddesigns.com/Lighting/Pendant-Lights/Marrakesh-Melon-Pendant/p/4815?path=1%2C2%2C1467%2C1532&iProductID=4815

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a gorg inspiration picture! I love the hint of turquoise in the glass of the lantern!
    Such a great idea to add a light kit to an outdoor fixture! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is a vintage one but I still love it! I'd so put this in the corner of a baby room!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170354163627

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog via High Gloss Blue and I'm really enjoying reading it. I'm so glad that I found this post because I've been looking all over for this type of hardwire kit for one of my clients. Who would have thought that PBTeen is where one would be. Thanks!

    By the way, I have a rug giveaway going on over at my blog www.charmhome.blogspot.com. Check it out if you get a chance.

    Merry Christmas!

    xo, Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog via High Gloss Blue and I'm really enjoying reading it. I'm so glad that I found this post because I've been looking all over for this type of hardwire kit for one of my clients. Who would have thought that PBTeen is where one would be. Thanks!

    By the way, I have a rug giveaway going on over at my blog www.charmhome.blogspot.com. Check it out if you get a chance.

    Merry Christmas!

    xo, Cristi

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...