Monday, April 14, 2008

Let's talk about the weather...

I know that weather-related topics are probably one of the most dull things I can blog about - but I promise I have good intentions!

Yesterday was 4 degrees shy of breaking a heat record in our little Orange County town. It was SO HOT! Here are the stats, thanks to accuweather.com:

High Temperature:
Actual: 97°F
Normal: 76°F
Record: 100°F

Matt and I are very stubborn when it comes to putting on the AC, so to help us cool off rather than kicking it on we headed down 20 minutes to Laguna Beach. Apparently in Laguna, they DID hit a record:

High Temperature:
Actual: 95°F
Normal: 73°F
Record: 95°F

but thanks to ocean breezes, it was a beautiful day. Grabbing a Starbucks and plopping down on a bench at the beach to people watch makes the HCOL worth it sometimes.

So on to more exciting things... Matt and I bought a patio set yesterday! The heat wave was definitely a wake-up call that we needed to start getting our outdoor living area actually livable. The set was only $175 thanks to Bed, Bath & Beyond's 20% coupon mailers. Here it is:


This set is a great start to my plans of re-vamping the backyard. Even though it's not actually a dining set, we still managed to eat outside last night with our plates on our laps.

Thankfully, the weather gods realized it's not August and the upcoming weather will be much better:



This weekend's weather will be perfect to work on the landscaping.


3 comments:

  1. Isn't Laguna perfect? I'm glad they are having good weather. I'm going home to visit in a few weeks and definitely plan on hitting up Laguna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i'm jealous! i've been eyeing the same patio set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Laguna perfect? I'm glad they are having good weather. I'm going home to visit in a few weeks and definitely plan on hitting up Laguna.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...