Thursday, April 10, 2008

I have this URGE

I was flipping through House Beautiful this morning in the waiting room for a check up, and I flipped to an article about the "perfect whites". Well there in the middle of all the pretty whites was the most mesmerizing black swatch. And of course, it was by one of my favorite paint groupings, Martha Stewart by Valspar. It's called French Bulldog Black.

When I had a quick moment at work, I created this Idea Board around that swatch. For some reason I got the urge to want to paint an accent wall in our boring hasn't-been-decorated-yet guest room with this black color and the other three walls white.



When I told my husband about this vision, and the fact that I could do it for less than $500, I still got the "no". He sure can be a real buzz kill sometimes! I'm putting this on the back burner for when we have more of a disposable income to spend on a room we don't use at all.

6 comments:

  1. I hear you on the husband buzz kill! I want to repaint our entire house and go with a much more crisp look (which would require A LOT of furnature purchases) and everytime I bring it up I get a big fat NO. We can dream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a black accent wall. Designed to Sell on HGTV had a home recently where Lisa LaPorta did a black accent wall. I'm normally not a fan of their cheap quick fixes, but the room really did look lovely. They did one black wall, 3 white, and used b&w toile fabric. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been tagged! Check out my post on 4.10. Oh and I love the chandelier...where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. your things are great. you should get paid girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been tagged! Check out my post on 4.10. Oh and I love the chandelier...where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. your things are great. you should get paid girl!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...