Friday, March 14, 2008

Of course, I've changed my mind.

It wouldn't be like me if I didn't change my mind a million times.

I'm not thinking polished chrome/nickel would look more contemporary/fresh in our foyer area. Plus I found a drum pendant for above the dining room table that I absolutely adore:



I'm still in love with this for the foyer- I wonder if it's possible to get it shiny nickel/silver with spray paint?




Here's the room:


Now the question is - what to do for the sconce in stairwell? You can see it from the foyer (where there would be polished nickel) but when you are standing upstairs, it may not be cohesive with the brushed oil bronze door hardware.














It's so hard to get that "Doesn't match but still looks great" look without it becoming more like "the silver fixtures were left behind by the previous owners and I haven't yet changed them."

hmph. For all you design gals who read this - WDYT??

2 comments:

  1. I l-o-v-e the new dining room fixture!

    I also really like the lantern, but it seems more of a rustic style- I can't envision it in a contemporary chrome finish.

    love the silver sconce too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is the first time I have left a comment but, I have an opinion on this. I would say go with one or the other our house when we bought had chrome door knobs, faucets, light switch plates. But all of our light fixtures are oil rubbed bronze and it drives me crazy. So I say keep it one theme. It all matches but I wish it REALLY all matched.Ya know?!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...